Wednesday, December 12, 2012

{Movies We Love} 13 Favorite Christmas Movies

I don't know about you, but I definitely have movies that I am so excited to watch every year at Christmas time! I love to pop up some popcorn, settle in with a cozy blanket on the couch, with just the lights of the Christmas tree on, while we watch some of our Christmas favorites. I thought I would share some of our favorite holiday movies (in no particular order), just in case you are looking for some movies to help you get into the Christmas spirit!

Absolute Favorites (usually watch every year)

1. Mickey's Christmas Carol
I think most people watch some version of A Christmas Carol every year, but Mickey's Christmas Carol is definitely our favorite. The kids connect better with the story since it stars some of their favorite characters! You really can't go wrong with the Jim Carrey version either. 

2. Frosty the Snowman
A talking, dancing snowman? What's not to love? 

3. How the Grinch Stole Christmas
We love the classic cartoon version in our house, but the Jim Carrey version is great too!

4. A Charlie Brown Christmas
I love Charlie Brown, and I love that spindly little tree!

5. Miracle on 34th Street
The classic version is great, but the little girl in the more recent version is so adorable!

6. Elf
Will Ferrell makes the world's most perfect elf, whether he is technically an elf or not! 

7. While You Were Sleeping
This one may not always be considered a Christmas movie, but it is set during Christmas and New Years so that is good enough for me! One of my all-time favorite movies!

8. White Christmas
Such a classic! I love the whole feel of the movie, and the music is fantastic!

9. The Nativity Story
I think it's really important for my kids to see this movie every year. Christ is the reason we celebrate Christmas after all! I don't want them to ever forget that.

Lesser Favorites (still love them, but we may not get to them every year)

10. It's A Wonderful Life
I really do love this movie! My kids are still pretty young though, so it's not one they get excited about.

11. A Christmas Story
This one may be making the move to absolute favorites soon. My son is getting to the age where I think he would think this movie was pretty dang funny!

12. The Polar Express
I really like this movie, but if I have to choose between it and Mickey's Christmas Carol, Mickey is going to win every time!

13. Home Alone
This movie is cute, but it really makes the list because my brother was about the same age as the main character, Kevin, when this movie came out. They actually looked quite a bit alike so people were always trying to get my brother to do the "hands to the face yell." 

What do you think? Are there any Christmas classics we are missing out on?

No comments:

Post a Comment