Thursday, October 18, 2012

{Movies We Love} Trouble With The Curve


Clint Eastwood plays Gus Lobel, a man who has been one of the best scouts in baseball for his entire career, but who's age is finally starting to catch up with him. Amy Adams plays his estranged daughter Mickey, who follows Gus on his latest scouting assignment, both against her own best judgment and her father's wishes.

Can I just say that there is a reason that Clint Eastwood's acting career has lasted for so long. The man is an amazing actor! I'm not really on the Justin Timberlake bandwagon for the most part, but I have to say he pleasantly surprised me in this movie. And who doesn't love Amy Adams? She played a much more serious and jaded character this time around, and as much as I love her in movies like Enchanted, she was really able to shine in Trouble With The Curve

This movie is about the love of baseball yes, but more importantly for me, it was about relationships. I tend to check the reviews on movies beforehand, as well as look at kidsinmind.com to see if there is going to be more sex or language in a movie than I really want to see. In this case I knew I was pretty safe from kidsinmind, but the reviews were kind of hit or miss. Some reviewers loved the movie, but the less positive reviews pretty much called the movie a cliche. All I can say, is that if this movie is a cliche, keep more like it coming! Movies like this continue to speak to audiences, because when it comes down to it, our relationships and doing what we love are the most important things in life. It was such a good movie, check it out and let me know if you agree!

No comments:

Post a Comment